Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Lost Pictures not memories

Last night I took Carson to see the Croods and it reminded me of that first mothers day I enjoyed with him. A lot has changed in the last 4 years. From pregnancy to infant to not being able to get pregnant to having a toddler and a baby to now, a child and a toddler.

I think back along those first mothers day's and I remember a little bit. I had pretty severe post partum depression during Carson's first year. Last night as we waited for our movie we ran into the Apple store and I asked about getting my pictures off my MacBook because it died a few months ago and I backed all my pictures up, but now I can't seem to find the external hard drive. Well you can't take a computer and get things off the hard drive if it can't be powered up. Sad.

But then this morning I went to log into my blog account and I was signed in under an old email. An email I used when I was "blogging" after Carson was born. Luckily for me it had been more of a photo dump blog. I reverted all the old written posts back to drafts because they were just terribly sad ranting little diatribes I can't even stand to think that that was me, 3 years ago.

But I was able to salvage about 100 pictures off the blog. Totally making my morning. I've been struggling because I'm upset I lost pictures of our wedding, Carson's first year, my pregnancy, our house (even though I hate that POS life destroyer) His birthday parties and my pregnancy with Oliver.

Luckily a LOT of pictures are on facebook and now that I  have a new computer I have been slowly going through at night and downloading picture after picture into folders trying to make sure everything gets saved properly and some day (soon hopefully!!) I will find that stupid external hard drive (probably as soon as I gather everything off of facebook) and will get those pictures back.

Memories are not lost, I have about 5 HUGE (first time mom moment) photo books. If I get desperate I can scan them and down load them that way.

What a difference years make. The love for my babies is always the same though.

No comments:

Post a Comment